Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Writing...

It has been a long time since I wrote. There have been times that I have begun to write something, but discarded it as worthless. Those times, I believe, I was forcing myself to write.

For me, writing must come from prior thought. It is not something I can be asked to do. It comes from within. Most often, it is a means to express thoughts that come to mind, and make enough sense to have a lasting impact on me.

Writing, for some people, comes naturally. They do not need inspiration. Pure thought is provocation enough. I , however, see my writing as a means to express myself as well as understand the thoughts that have so impacted me.

But it is an enjoyable exercise, and I certainly hope to write many more short pieces like this one...

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

Hmm.. Haven't you experienced the charm of starting with one idea or emotion, and discovering unexpected twists and turns as you write or type? Well, next time you write, don't let the initial thought limit you! Then my friend, you will fly!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Writing, I believe is only a way of giving vent to an influx of thoughts and emotions that run through your mind. The thoughts could be so profound as to inhabit your mind for so long lengths of time that you think of venting them out in your writing, it could also be something very simple and routine which for some strange reason gives you something to think about.

So if thinking and voicing your views can happen instantly, so can writing.

Personally writing works best when there is an overbearing need to share your thoughts with someone, but you cannot quite do it for, the thoughts are too personal, or there isn't a patient listener around you.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

saumya what you can do in writing i guess i do that in talkin...... but somehow written stuff has so much more impact like your simplistic blogs...... i've tried to write but its digressive and it does not convey anything.... but you have some talent......its true writing is the best way of self expression and your line "pure thought is provocation enough".....is class....how do you do it man?

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home