Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Life takes a turn

Im a little uneasy today. Life has changed in so many ways in the past year, and its been hitting me slowly but today is when Ive realized it!

The first major flip happened when my living conditions changed. From protected environs of a girls hostel, I got flung into the big bad world to live on my own. A PG or a rented flat were my choices. Had to manage living with strangers. Had to live with having strangers for company and make the most of it. Then it gradually changed into living on my own! Slowly, I started managing my life on my own...my house, my career, my money-it was left to me.My own headache to take care of...Not as bad as I had thought it was-but it was so much nicer when someone was responsible for me!!

The next hit was the fact that my education had ended and I was no longer under the sheltered status of "student". "Employed" is a status that took a while to sink in. I'm not sure it still has.

The status isnt the only thing that changed, though. It was a complete lifestyle. Life was different in college...I had time!! Now its just 9 am before I know it and Im at work, and then its 8 pm and Ive already overstayed by 2 and a half hours at office, and realise its time to leave.

That's taken so much from me. Relationships that meant so much to me, and that I had nurtured over the years took a back seat, and I lost touch with so many people. Sometimes I wonder what the great thing is about working! You lose out on so much that life has to offer!! And that is what I really wanted from life. People, relationships, leisure, admiring nature and its beauty, doing the unthinkable, being the 'different one'... But that's not in store for me right now at least.

So Im on a different curve than a year ago. Did I think of this? NO! Did I want this? NO! Am I happy? I'll ponder on that one...

2 Comments:

Blogger Saumya said...

So Im on a different curve than a year ago. Did I think of this? NO! Did I want this? NO! Am I happy? I'll ponder on that one... was this I wanted to be but this is what I've become

1:03 AM  
Blogger Barunesh Chandra said...

Very well written but for the melancholic tenor... the thing with life is that if one’s living it up the right way, things only get better (till the umpire calls TIME)... and although you may lose (entirely or in part) certain critical things (be it innocence & the carefree outlook of childhood or the spunk & mischief of teenage), people (who are irreplaceable), or relationships (which are unforgettable) in the process called growing up, there’s always newer, brighter things waiting to happen.
To be very honest, if I was you, I would have a much much brighter outlook for the road ahead.... anyways sorry for this very random comment on ur RANDOM THOUGHTS!!!

CHEERS :)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home