Thursday, August 23, 2007

Memories of Copenhagen

Im sitting in class and my thoughts meander back to Copenhagen…just cant seem to think of much else since I got back. This place seems so alien to me now-and Copenhagen feels like home! And I truly miss every moment I spent there, like I knew I would.

It’s a different world altogether that I seem to have left behind. It’s like a perfect recipe-the ingredients aren’t always known, but a mish mash of a few things comes out just so perfectly. I know, that if I went back, it won’t be the same…it can’t be! The people, the time, and the tension free mind-all the ingredients blended well so perfectly!!

Ill miss Copenhagen for a long, long time…because it was my refuge from all the worries of mundane life. It was sheer fun! It was an experience that doesn’t come twice in a lifetime.

When I think of Copenhagen, I think of Katherine and Holger, of Tietgen and Shivangi’s Aboulevard, of the metro and the s-train, of Frederiksberg and Fields, of Kongens Nytorv and Kobenhavn H, Tivoli, the cruise to Oslo, the parties, Dalgas Have and Porcelainshaven, Solbjerg Plads-it’s a long, long list and there isn’t a moment when I was sad or unhappy-except when I tried to reach out to what id left behind…Its just a sea of happy memories!

Perhaps, my mind is conspiring so that I don’t remember anything unhappy-because I want it to be a happy memory…but then again, I’m not complaining!

I guess life has its twists and turns and it sometimes just takes a turn for the better…you don’t expect it, you’re suddenly just thrown into it, and at the end you’re left with nothing but memories…And I guess these memories are what really make life worth living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home