Thursday, November 09, 2006

Spiritual Me?

Its been 21 years on planet earth, and I have never felt the need to visit a temple or pray regularly, or be spiritual in any way.

So why is it, that suddenly, I feel this inherent need to remember the Lord ever so often? For the first time in my life, I have this wish to pray every morning, go to a temple sometimes, and just generally make the Lord a part of my daily routine.

What has made me change so much? From the girl who didnt so much as enter a religious place because she didnt believe in them, to the girl who wants to visit a temple to pray...

I cant say that there has been no life-changing event recently, because there has. I visited Dwarka and Somnath last year, and that was quite a memorable experience. I begun my post graduation and have been living alone in a hostel for some time, away from my parents for the first time in my life. I have found close friends in my new social circle, and that too, after 3 years of being an outsider.

Maybe I feel grateful to the Lord for giving me an opportunity to do a post graduation and find new friends, or perhaps, I am seeking a friend who will be there whenever I need someone, and have no terms or conditions for providing me with the comfort that only a close friend or family member can provide.

Whatever the reason, I know that I am a happier person, and more at peace with myself knowing that the Lord is a part of my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vivek Sharma said...

:)
Simple words, reflections brought out with honest sentences.

The God is of Small Things. Small joys. Small efforts.

Be a peace.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home